The Heart of Colorado Tour by MotoDiscovery
Aug 3, 2018 thru Aug 9, 2018
7 Days and 900 miles.
This event is part of our U.S.A. Backroads Safari series and consists of high-adventure touring requiring a suitable off-road, dual-purpose motorcycle. The ride consists of approximately 70% unpaved roads of varying degree of technicality. Prior off road riding experience is required. This ride is well suited for dual-sport motorcycles in the 400-650 CC range. Should you ride (or would like to rent) one of the larger ADV designed bikes (BMW 1200GS, KTM 1190 Adventure, etc.) it would be necessary to have the skills and experience that are necessary to manage the performance and physical size of these machines. Rentals are available.
The support vehicle can accommodate non-riding participants or any passengers during more challenging segments of the route. We recommend attending a MotoDiscovery Rider Training Tour if you would like to gain additional off-road skill and confidence.
- Small group. Fewer riders mean better service and a more intimate experience. This tour limited to just eight (8) riders.
- Convenience. We know that Colorado Rockies are high on the list of those who want to get off-road so we've designed a seamless itinerary that gets you right into the heart of the best riding. We've designed it to fit into one a one-week period and we have expedition-ready rental motorcycles that are ready to take on the Rockies. With a growing list of flight options into Grand Junction, flying in is easier than ever.
- The route. Some of the most spectacular scenery in the Americas is found on this MotoDiscovery Heart of Discovery Tour. By design our pace is moderate and challenges come at you in small doses. We've planned the itinerary to incorporate sections of the Continental Divide as well as Colorado Backcountry Discovery Route.
- Style. Nothing says getting dirty means roughing it. When the side stand comes down at the end of the day, we're looking for the best possible accommodations and dining. We think it is as important to have fun off the bike as it is when riding.
- Support. We have your back when riding the back country. A 4X4 chase vehicle to handle your luggage, mechanical issues and deal with emergencies.
Cost: 3,495 USD. Add a passenger for 1,295 USD
Aug 03, 2018 thru Aug 09, 2018
Book: Call 800-233-0564 or visit the MotoDiscovery website to book your tour or for more information.