AZBDR: Section 1 reminder to avoid non-BDR path and locked gates 6/5/19 COBDR: Alpine Loop Pass Information
We’ve had riders report to us there are a few issues with Section 7 of the NMBDR.
NF 91 is badly damaged
- NF 91 is badly damaged with washouts – many deep ruts and muddy sections – very challenging up to Tusas Mtn.
- You can try CR 448 to connect back with the route.
- We don’t have any reports on this road since it’s not part of the route, but it is a more maintained road so should be good.
- You can still take the main route on NF 91, but it will be a challenge.
Los Pinos River flooding
- The snow melt has started and the Los Pinos River is out of it’s banks along the route, NF 284 (CR443).
- There are areas that can be dangerous to travel through and should be avoided until the flood waters recede.
- You can turn right at the bridge and take CR443 out to Antonito and bypass the flooding.