BDR Ambassadors are dedicated volunteers that donate their time, energy and expertise to the organization. They help scout new routes, maintain existing routes and aid when re-routes are required. Ambassadors are the “face” of BDR offering guidance to riders whether out on the route or in the community. They assist with fundraising efforts, manage film screenings and rise to the challenge when special projects are requested.
As a 501c(3) non-profit organization, BDR relies heavily on the generosity of our volunteers to help deliver on our mission of developing and preserving off-highway riding opportunities for adventure and dual-sport motorcycle travel.
Volunteer Opportunities for BDR Ambassadors
1. Local Route Representatives
- Become a specialist in at least one BDR route.
- Help with route scouting and reroutes.
- Answer route questions.
- Help create and curate a list of route lodging and food options.
- Work with local businesses to promote BDR and award the “BDR Business Supporter” sticker to businesses that serve BDR riders.
- Recommend local businesses for Resources Listings (training, touring, rental companies, dealers, etc).
2. Movie Premieres & Dealer Relations
- Help organize movie premieres.
- Talk to at least 3 local dealers about movie events.
- Organize at least 1 movie theatre event.
- Recruit volunteers to help staff the event.
- Work with local dealers and encourage them to stock BDR merchandise (dvds, maps, stickers, etc).
3. Community Outreach & Education
- Organize or attend at least 2 events a year (trade shows, classes, presentations, etc).
- Volunteer at BDR events.
- Teach BDR classes and clinics.
- Organize and lead BDR presentations.
- Lead Women’s specific outreach.
4. Administrative/Office/Marketing Support
- Help with Supporter fulfillment.
- Assist with contact management.
- Contribute content for web, newsletter, social media.
- Contribute design services.
Benefits to Ambassadors
- Have the satisfaction of being a part of the BDR organization and participating in planning its future.
- Receive a special Ambassador t-shirt, sticker, patch.
- Ambassador’s Name/Headshot /Bio listed on the the website.
- Networking – gain new friends and contacts in the industry, and share your passion for BDR and the adv lifestyle.
Who Can Become an Ambassador
Individuals shall meet the following criteria to be considered for the BDR Ambassadorship:
- Be a Seasoned ADV’er.
- Be a current BDR Supporter (at any level).
- Have ridden at least one of the BDRs.
- Have passion for the BDR mission.
- Can commit to at least 20 hours a year as a volunteer for BDR.
- Be a Team Player and Collaborative Spirit.
- Bring about diversity to the Ambassadors group.
How to Become an Ambassador
- Interested individuals can join the BDR Ambassadors Program throughout the year by filling out the Ambassador Application Form.
- Individuals will be notified of their inclusion in the Program within 2 weeks of submitting the application.
- Ambassadors can opt in/out of the Program on an annual basis.