BDR is expanding its team and looking for an Administrative Assistant to help run the daily operations of the office, assist with fundraising, donor relations, shipping and inventory management. Position reports to the Executive Director. Work is performed in-person on site at the Seattle office. Flexible schedule, 24-30 hours/week. This a part-time W-2 position. Hourly rate between $20-23/hour DOE. Paid holidays and time-off.
Daily Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing email communications with various audiences and stakeholders;
- Maintaining an accurate and extensive donor/contact database;
- Performing data entry and processing donor records using FileMaker software;
- Maintaining accurate inventory, including purchasing and receiving;
- Assisting with order fulfillment operations;
- Shipping out supporter packages and performing various mailing tasks;
- Making updates to the website, using the WordPress platform;
- Helping implement various fundraising, marketing, and promotional projects and initiatives as directed;
- Occasional lifting of boxes up to 30 pounds.
Desired Skills and Characteristics:
- Passionate about Motorcycles, Adventure and Exploration;
- A positive person with an inquisitive mind, and a ‘can do’ attitude;
- A self-motivated self-starter, who excels at working independently, and also enjoys working as part of a team;
- A self-driven individual who is eager to learn, invest time and effort, and grow into a bigger role in the organization;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong organizational abilities;
- Ability to multitask and create internal control systems that help you meet the needs and deadlines of a fast-paced environment;
- Attention to detail, and ability to prioritize and manage a high influx of tasks and projects simultaneously;
- Ability to adjust workflow quickly and smoothly;
- Strong problem-solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills;
- Ability to bring consistency of messaging and present a strong, positive image of the organization through interactions with the public.
- Bonus points if you have experience with image editing software like Photoshop/Illustrator, and experience with WordPress, MailChimp, FileMaker, and other CMS’s and customer management systems.
- Administrative and customer service experience a plus.